Saturday, January 21, 2012

Sunapee

About two weeks ago I hit the slopes of Mount Sunapee in Newbury, NH.  This being my first time skiing at Sunapee I was both disappointed and very impressed at the same time.  Unfortunately at this time we had yet to get any natural snowfall this season. What this means is that the snow on the mountain was entirely man-made which limited the number of trails available as well as give us rather poor quality snow.  What impressed me was the sheer amount of artificial snow on the mountain. It was clear that even with mother nature not cooperating the mountain staff worked very hard to make the few open trails as enjoyable as possible.

I'll be going back up to Sunapee later this week and now that we've finally had some real snowfall I'm excited to try this mountain again.

No comments: