Thursday, January 24, 2008

Update

This is my first post of the year. I keep saying how I want to keep writing entries to this but so far I haven't really done much about it. So here is yet another attempt at regular writing.

Things have been pretty crazy in general of late. Crazy in a good way of course.

On the work front, I've just been promoted to a new position. My new title will be Territory Marketing Coordinator. Its a good step up I think as I will be moving to the Marketing department. I'll see if I can add post a job description at some point. While I haven't actually moved to the new position yet, I'm pretty sure that it will happen within the next 2-3 weeks, once they've done the paper work, and scheduled trainings etc. I need to learn a whole new part of the company which is great! I also will still work with the outside sales team as part of the new job which is also good because I already have good relations with 1/3 of them from my old job.

I just bought a new lens for my camera. 50mm 1.8 prime lens. The more that I've been using the 18-135mm (which is a great general purpose lens) the more I missed using something more simple. Greg and I went into Boston a couple of weekends back and I was using his 35mm prime which for part of it. That helped decide for me. The larger aperture makes such a huge difference. While I probably could have forked over another $200 for the 50mm 1.4, since I'm still not shooting nearly as much as I'd like I figured I should just buy the cheaper one and not worry about the extra cost. One of my goals this year is to shoot much more than I have been. For a hobby that I really enjoy I just don't do it enough. Another side project to work on is portrait shooting. I was offered an easy job a few days ago buy someone at work who was looking for somebody to shoot a school dance(middle school). They were expecting about 250-300 kids maybe and were offering $4-$5 a shot. Quick easy money. But I turned it down as I'm not sure I'm up to something like that. I've never done a formal job for money before and I didn't want to screw it up if I'm getting paid. So I told my co-worker that to ask me again next time. So if anyone wants to volunteer to stand in a badly lit room while I take pictures that would be awesome.

I've read 3 books so far this month and about to read a 4th. I need to make an order from Amazon ASAP as I'm running out of new things to read again.

And I'm still trying to find a flight to England for less than $600. Its insane how much the cost has gone up over just the last year alone. I blame the republicans!! Between insane fuel costs, the US dollar tanking, and the airlines cutting back their flights the rates have more than doubled since 2003. What the hell?

No comments: