Saturday, March 24, 2007

Saturday Morning Adventures...

Woke up early this morning and decided that I was finally feeling a bit better. I guess sometime during the night the fog in my head lifted. I hate being sick. While I now have a slight cough, and am sneezing light a crazy person, I'm feeling 100% better than I have been over the last couple of days. So, the first thing I did this morning was go for a short stroll to CVS where I picked up a few necessities. Arriving back at the house I realized I had forgotten 2 of the things that really needed and were the whole reason I had gone to CVS int eh first place. So not so long after returning I again left the house, this time via my car and headed to Thayer to hit up the Store 24. Turns out that Store 24 doesn't have any greeting cards at all, so I ended up driving back to CVS to pick up a card. Then I drove back the Thayer as thats where the post office is located. Now, for some reason, I always end up standing in line at the post office for very long periods of time, so I was amazed at the fact there there was nobody in there at all. Going up the desk, I ask for assistance in shipping a package. Turns out that the lady behind the desk had probably won an award for BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE at some point in her life because not only was she very rude to me when I arrived, but she was no help at all in answering my questions on shipping things to the UK. So after several failed attempts to actually mail this package, I finally got everything I needed...and by that time I was in the back of a line of 5 people...5 people who each had about 5-10 packages they needed shipped. They evil bitch behind the counter seemed to delight in the fact that she was working as slowly as possible. Finally it was my turn...and luckly a 2nd Postal Employee arrived so I got go through him instead of Postal Troll Lady. Lucky for me too, as I was very temped to say something to her about her "amazing" customer service skills, which probably would have meant my package would have ended up in Mongolia instead of the UK. But finally I got to leave that wretched hive of scum and villainy. I headed back to the house where I immediately was asked to drive Katia & Simon to the ass end of Providence so that we could pick up their car, which had the unfortunately due to some bad luck been towed while they were at a party somewhere. Lets just say that I live in the nice part of the city...and where this towing company was located was NOT the nice part of the city. Suffice it to say, I wouldn't not have wanted to be walking around this part of town be it day or night. But luckily, the car was in once piece and we were soon back at the house. Thus the morning adventures...

1 comment:

Benjamin said...

Was it East Providence? That shit's super sketchy.